Welcome to registration for the In-Person Second Year Fellows Conference.
NASPGHAN second year Pediatric GI Fellows are invited to participate in the annual NASPGHAN Second Year Fellows Conference supported by an educational grant from Abbott.
In order to attend, you must:
- Be a 2nd year GI fellow in North America with an MD or equivalent degree in clinical fellowship.
- If English is not your first language, be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Be a member in good standing of NASPGHAN.
- Have obtained the appropriate Visas/documentation for travel.
- Attend all the sessions each day of the conference. The conference begins with a welcome session on Thursday, March 31st at 4:00PM, and the last session ends on Saturday, April 2nd at 8:30PM. The majority of attendees will fly home the morning of Sunday, April 3rd.
- Agree to follow all COVID protocols listed below.
COVID protocols for the 2022 2nd year Fellows Conference
- Vaccination: We require that all attendees are fully COVID vaccinated and received a 3rd vaccine booster before this event. The booster shot should ideally have been administered no later than March 17th. *If you you do not meet these criteria due to extenuating circumstances, please contact NASPGHAN and the course directors to discuss this further.
- Pre-conference testing: All attendees are required to have a negative COVID test within 1-3 days of the conference and will have the results before boarding your plane. We are not specifying a specific type of test or proof. We respect that you are responsible individuals and will do what is needed to keep everyone safe. We will have rapid home tests available on-site, if you become symptomatic, as needed. We will assist those of you who require a COVID test before returning to your home country.
- Air travel : At the time of this letter, US regulations continue to mandate masking in all airports and on airplanes. We recommend wearing an N95 or equivalent mask while flying.
- Travel to/from the airport: Our transportation will be private to conference attendees – you will not be sharing with other non-NASPGHAN travelers. All passengers and drivers will be required to wear masks.
- No shared sleeping rooms. For 2022 we are able to provide individual hotel rooms to each attendee instead of requiring shared rooms. If you would like to have a shared room instead, and all parties agree, we are certainly able to accommodate. Just email Laura Smith at email@example.com.
- Dining – Weather permitting, we are planning to host as many meals as possible outdoors. Meal tables be set with as few people as possible to encourage social distancing. Hotel staff will be masked and gloved. Meals will either be individually plated or boxed/individually wrapped.
If weather does not permit for outdoor meals we will have fellows and faculty eating at tables that seat 10 but will aim to have 4-5 individuals at each table.
- Masking and social distancing: Masks will be required in all sessions. Hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes and disposable masks will be available, but we encourage you to bring your own masks as well. We will set our meeting rooms with as much space as possible between attendees.
- Fellows bubble: In years past, some fellows have explored the local area during their free time. This year, for everyone’s safety, we expect all fellows, faculty, and staff to stay on-site at the hotel at all times, except for any NASPGHAN sponsored outdoor activities. We will organize NASPGHAN-only events at the hotel. In order to keep the NASPGHAN bubble safe, NO friends or family are allowed to stay with you in the hotel or come to any conference events. *If you are a nursing mother, please contact the NASPGHAN staff/course directors.
7-10 days after you have registered, you will be contacted by our travel agent to make your airline reservations. If you have any questions about this event, please contact Laura Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that some of you may have concerns regarding attending a meeting away from home. We ask that you obtain support to travel from your program director, family members and/or life partners before registering for the conference. Many of the costs of the meeting (hotel rooms, airline tickets, etc.) are not refundable to NASPGHAN or Abbott should we have late cancellations. In the days prior to the 3rd year fellow conference this past September, we had a number of late cancellations from fellows who had partners that did not agree with their plans to travel. While we understand that some last-minute cancellations are unavoidable, please carefully consider your attendance prior to registering and the issuing of your airline ticket.
Please click here to download and read our 2nd Year Fellows Conference Attendee Waiver before registering.
Please note: Once you complete the registration form and clicked "save responses", you then have to scroll down and click "Proceed to checkout" and complete the check out process for your registration to be finalized.