Welcome to registration for the In-Person Second Year Fellows Conference.
NASPGHAN second year Pediatric GI Fellows are invited to participate in the annual NASPGHAN Second Year Fellows Conference supported by an educational grant from Abbott.
In order to attend, you must:
- Be a 2nd year GI fellow in North America with an MD or equivalent degree in clinical fellowship.
- If English is not your first language, be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Be a member in good standing of NASPGHAN.
- Have obtained the appropriate Visas/documentation for travel.
- Attend all the sessions each day of the conference. The conference begins with a welcome session on Thursday, April 27th at 4:00PM, and the last session ends on Saturday, April 29th at 8:30PM. The majority of attendees will fly home the morning of Sunday, April 30th.
- Agree to follow all COVID protocols listed below.
COVID protocols for the 2023 2nd year Fellows Conference
7-10 days after you have registered, you will be contacted by our travel agent to make your airline reservations. If you have any questions about this event, please contact Laura Smith at email@example.com.
- Vaccination: We require that all attendees are fully COVID vaccinated. *If you you do not meet these criteria due to extenuating circumstances, please contact NASPGHAN and the course directors to discuss this further.
- Pre-conference testing: All attendees are required to have a negative COVID test within 1-3 days of the conference and will have the results before boarding your plane. We are not specifying a specific type of test or proof. We respect that you are responsible individuals and will do what is needed to keep everyone safe. We will have rapid home tests available on-site, if you become symptomatic, as needed. We will assist those of you who require a COVID test before returning to your home country.
- Masking and social distancing: Masks will be required in session rooms and we request you also mask during travel. We as NASPGHAN, as a group of people who are on the front lines caring for patients, and perhaps with family members of our own, who are immunosuppressed and/or vulnerable to complications of RSV, flu and any of the other viruses out and about this season, must hold ourselves to a higher standard. Crowds and air travel pose risks we want to mitigate as we all join together. Please wear an effective mask as you travel.
- Hotel: We require everyone to stay at the conference hotel for the length of the conference. Local attendees will need to stay on-site in addition to those that are traveling from other areas.
- No shared sleeping rooms: For 2023 we are able to provide individual hotel rooms to each attendee instead of requiring shared rooms. If you would like to have a shared room instead, and all parties agree, we are certainly able to accommodate. Just email Laura Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dining: Weather permitting, we are planning to host as many meals as possible outdoors. Meal tables will be set with as few people as possible to encourage social distancing. If weather does not permit for outdoor meals we will space out seating indoors.
Please note: Once you complete the registration form and clicked "save responses", you then have to scroll down and click "Proceed to checkout" and complete the check out process for your registration to be finalized.